NDT - Surface & Pipeline Inspection
Creaform has the most trusted non-destructive testing 3D technology solution for pipes up to 18 m (60 ft) in length, which includes a 3D Scanner and Pipecheck software. This solution will save you both time and money without compromising diagnosis results, public safety and the integrity assessment.
Creaform PipeCheck Inspection Solution
ASME B31G compliant
Evaluate a pipeline’s fitness for service with the Pipecheck corrosion software module for fast, yet reliable, data processing and instant on-site results. Pipecheck’s virtual pit gauge demonstrates increased accuracy and repeatability compared to traditional measurement methods, such as manual pit gauges and single-line lasers.
- Interaction rules automatically applied
- Burst pressure calculations (ASME B31G, B31G Modified and Effective Area methods)
- Worst-case-profile and customizable grid resolution for all features
- Feature dimensions (length and width) and maximum depth extracted for all features
- Snipping tool for additional reporting information
- Assessment performed on internal and external surface of the pipeline or on the true wall thickness
- 3D and 2D colormap with river-bottom path overlay.
- 2D profile section in both axial and circumferential direction
- Quick, on-the-fly depth analysis: simply hover the mouse over each point to obtain local material loss.
ASME B31.8 compliant
Analyzes mechanical damage, such as dents, gouges and other localized surface deformations. It is the only software to provide users with an easy one-click access to strain-based assessment—a key element in ensuring the continued safety of the pipe in operation and proper maintenance as per industry safety regulations.
Depth-Based Assessment Type
- Automatic maximum depth measurement using straight edge technique in both directions
- 3D and 2D depth colormaps
- Automatic 3D cross-section creation
- Depths over diameter ratio
- Snipping tool for additional reporting information
- Depths extracted from Creaform’s virtual pit gauge tool
- Maximum diameter found at 90 degrees of the dent
Strain-Based Assessment Type
- Automatic maximum strain detection
- 3D and 2D strain colormap (all strain components)
- Results for decomposed values: circumferential bending, longitudinal bending, longitudinal extensional, effective strain on inside and outside surface of the pipe as well as maximum effective strain value.
Creaform SmartDent Inspection Solution
Aircraft Surface 3D Assessment Software
Creaform’s HandySCAN AEROPACK is an easy, fast, and accurate solution for MRO companies. It includes a HandySCAN 3D scanner and SmartDENT 3D, surface inspection software developed specifically for critical aerospace applications. It also comes with other software to address all of your reverse engineering and quality control needs.
Hailstorms Damage Inspection
When an aircraft hits a hailstorm, MRO teams need to rely on a solution that enables them to quickly and accurately measure the impact to speed up repairs—and mitigate the negative ripple effects on future sales. Thanks to its remarkable versatility, operators can use the solution in any conditions inside or outside, without sacrificing accuracy and reliability.
Flap & Spoiler Maintenance
Traditional, manual measurement methods for inspecting flaps and spoilers, such as pit gauges, can bog down productivity. Operators need a modern solution so that they won’t waste time searching the deepest points per dent or scanning a part’s entire geometry.
Aircraft Incidents Analysis
When an aircraft experiences hard landing or other damaging incidents, MRO teams must use a solution that can help them analyze any type of damage on any type of surface or texture. Teams need a solution to perform thorough analyses and any component shape, size or surface finish with confidence.
Regularly Scheduled Maintenance
Operators who are responsible to put the aircraft back into service need a tool to validate if a component is within acceptance criteria after rework is completed. Oftentimes, MRO teams don’t have access to the CAD models of aircraft components, which means reverse engineering components becomes key.
SmartDENT 3D is the first dedicated 3D Visualisation Software on the market designed for 3D assessments and characterisation of dent damages located on aircraft surfaces.
lt offers a guided workflow approach to simplify the measurement extraction of 3D scan data to get exactly the dimensions required for the assessment of in-service airplanes.
SmartDENT 3D greatly reduce operators’ impact on measurements results and shortens the time to generate final reports.
SmartDENT 3D is the first dedicated 3D visualization software on the market designed for 3D assessments and characterization of dent damages located on aircraft surfaces. It offers a guided workflow approach to simplify the measurement extraction of 3D scan data to get exactly the dimensions required for assessment of in-service airplanes.
- Guided workflow
- Measures length and width of dent damages, closest neighbours, closest internal structure, maximum depth and maximum depth of dent to closest internal structure, etc.
- Assesses the ratio of maximum depth on length & width
- Offers an easy visualization with colormaps for all features
- Step-by-step process to perfectly bridge the gap between data acquisition and reporting operations
- Instant, comprehensive reporting
- Speed: 80 times faster than the pit gauge technique! It’s a fast and reliable airplane surface damage inspection tool to get aircrafts back in service.
- Flexibility: Versatile software that can be used for corrosion and dents.
- TRUsimplicity: Easy-to-use software that requires no advanced metrology skills. It enables users to address real applications.
- TRUaccuracy: The most accurate device regardless of instabilities in the environment or the users’ expertise. It provides reliable, accurate, and repeatable results, which are traceable for future analysis.
- TRUportability: Portable devices that gives you the opportunity to assess on-site damages.
All Creaform 3D scanners feature innovative and exclusive technologies :
TRUaccuracy: Accurate measurements in real life enviroments
TRUaccuracy ensures highly-accurate measurements, regardless of instability, vibrations, thermal variation, operator skills etc.
Our scanners use software algorithms that simplify the measurement process and greatly increase data accuracy.
TRUportability: 3D scanning where you need to go
Our 3D scanners are handheld, light and they fit into a small suitcase. Because they have no mechanical constraint, they allow total freedom of movement and can be brought and used virtually anywhere.
TRUsimplicity: Super simple 3D scanning process
Straight-forward data acquisition process that generates extra fast results, with real time visualization and direct mesh output.
Our 3D scanners are up and running in less than 5 minutes and require no rigid set-up nor any particular user experience.
You can scan parts in virtually any size, material or color.