The new generation peel 2
See what you can accomplish with this handheld 3D scanner
Professional 3D scanning without breaking the bank
Finally! A simple and affordable 3D scanner to get the job done.
Simple. Not simplistic.
Every peel3D scanner includes a powerful mesh editing software package.
"Great performance for the cost! ""We have found the Peel3D to be easy-to use , even for a first-time scanner. Captures have been fast and accurate, and while a little more guidance / tutorial support for the software would be appreciated, it is easy enough to learn basic functions and processing through trial and error.While the bar for hardware requirements is a little high, we have found the scanner and software to perform very well with systems that meet them."
"Great scanner for body parts.""The technology is completely new to us but with the peel3D scanner the start in this new promising future technology was much easier than we expected. We mainly scan body parts and it works fine. Our requirement to the scanner was high precision, and the peel3D scanner fulfilled this requirement 100%. Sure we had to test a lot to find the best settings for us, but overall it worked fine from the beginning.
"A Cost Effective 3D Scanner""Comparing to other high-end handheld industrial 3D scanners, Peel handheld 3D scanner is affordable yet professional, ideally suitable for our 3D body scanning applications. Indeed, this 3D scanner is compatible with most types of surfaces. It comes with Peel 3D’s data processing software, that is powerful to optimize the 3D capture and export 3D scans for our applications in 3D printing."
"Awesome workflow addition""As a sculptor, the ability to move back and forth from the real to virtual is critical in this current (and future) era. The Peel3D scanner makes that transition reasonably straightforward. Like any new tool, there is a learning curve, creating workarounds to achieve desired results, but overall I am pleased with this addition to workflow."
"Great Scanner ""Purchase was easy. The scanner works well and the software is user friendly. I have already scanned a wide variety of objects with just about every kind of surface you could encounter. With proper surface preparation they all have scanned pretty good. The resolution is acceptable for our operations. We have really expedited the design process using this scanner."
"Intuitive Software""I have mainly been using the scanner for capturing general metal loss on pressure equipment for engineering assessments. It doesn't have the highest resolution but is easy to use, has great software and captures geometries fairly quickly. There are cheaper scanners out there with similar hardware specifications, but, where this tool really shines is its software. At the end of the day, the most time spent is in post-processing and data cleanup. I would definitely recommend this scanner for professional use."
Professional 3D Scanning for a variety of applications
peel2 Technical Specifications
- Scanning Accuracy: Up to 0.250 mm (0.01 in.)
- Resolution: 0.250 mm (0.020 in.)
- Colour Resolution Depth: 24bits
- Texture Resolution: 50 to 150 DPI
- Volumetric Accuracy: 0.500 mm/m (0.006 in./ft)
- Measurement rate: 550,000 measurements/s
- Light source: White light (LED)
- Positioning methods: Geometry and/or targets and/or texture
- Scanning area: 380 x 380 mm (15 in. x 15 in.)
- Stand-off distance: 400 mm (15.75 in.)
- Depth of field: 250 mm (10 in.)
- Part size range (recommended): 0.3 – 3.0 m (1 – 10 ft)
- Software: peel 3d scanning software module
- Output formats: .dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr
- Weight: 950 g (2.1 lbs.)
- Dimensions: 150 x 171 x 251 mm
- Connection standard: 1 x USB 2.0, USB 3.0 compatible
- Operating temperature range: 5-40 °C (41-104 °F)
- Operating humidity range (non-condensing): 10-90%
- Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Intel Core i7 (4+ cores) – 2.6 GHz or more
- NVIDIA Graphics Card 2GB+ Video Memory
- 16GB RAM Minimum, 32GB Recommended
- Solid State Drive with 100GB+ free space