Plugins & Extensions
We are veteran users of SketchUp and have been drawing with the software since its release. After many years using a wide variety of extensions that are available for SketchUp Pro & Studio, we have come up with a group of plugins we consider essential for users in certain industries to extend functionality for particular purposes and needs.
Profile Builder 3
Lightspeed parametric modelling
Parametric Profiles: Say Good-bye to Follow-Me!
The core of Profile Builder is the ability to create smart extrusions (we call these ‘Profile Members’) using parametric profiles. A profile can be any shape and can even be a polyline.
Create smart mouldings, framing, piping, railings, roofing, walls, and foundations – the possibilities are endless!
Create and Save Custom Profiles
Profiles can be saved to your local library complete with custom name, orientation (anchor point, offsets, rotation), dimensions, material and layer. Create a new Profile simply by drawing a face in your model and adding it as a new Profile. Once you save the profile, you can load it and then re-use it in future projects.
In a recent survey of our customers, 42% said that they use Profile Builder in over 90% of their SketchUp projects and 74% said that they use it in OVER HALF of their SketchUp projects.
In the same survey, over 25% said that Profile Builder could save them over 100 hours of work per year! And 47% said that it could save them over 50 hours per year!
What is your time worth? Would you pay $79 to save 50 hours of work?
Import and simplification of high-poly models into SketchUp!
Supports FBX, OBJ, STL, DAE, and more.
Finally! Pain-free FAST import and simplification of high-poly models into SketchUp! Skimp is a new professional import extension designed to make it fast and easy to import high-fidelity models into SketchUp!
• Import, preview, and simplify FBX, OBJ, STL, DAE, 3DS, VRML, PLY
• Simplify Groups and Components in your SketchUp model
• Very fast import and simplification
• Preview, adjust scale, and orientation before importing
• Accurate metric-based simplification
• Maintain model hierarchy
• Maintain Materials, UVs, and Normals when importing and simplifying
• Compatible with PC and Mac
Organic Toolset for SketchUp
Artisan is a SketchUp extension filled with powerful organic modeling tools. It is perfect for designers to create:
• Abstract Sculptures
• Fabric, curtains, and pillows
• Rocks, tree trunks, and plants
• and much more!
Powerful Boolean Operations
- Union, Difference, Intersection, Trim, Split
- Designed with 3D Printing in mind to work with small complex objects (no more scaling workarounds!)
- Works with nested solids!
- Does not create new components! The original component is modified as expected.
- Maintains the Layer and Names of the first object selected
- New Single Object Union tool (click a single group or component to union all nested solids inside of it)
- Results in solid 3D printable objects in almost all cases (if the original objects were also solids)
WallsOur wall tools are simple but very effective. You will be amazed.
Windows & DoorsReady to go doors, windows and wardrobe dynamic components.
Custom componentsYou can use any self-hosted component or joinery in your projects.
Solid SectionsThe ‘Solid Section’ feature will add a solid face to your sections.
Convert to 3DClick just one button and automatically convert your 2D geometry into 3D.
StaircasesCreate staircases dynamically in just no time!
Cut through double-sided walls
Instant City Builder
Stop wasting your project budget on creating site context. PlaceMaker automates the creation of your site model with one click!
• Import High resolution aerial imagery from DigitalGlobe and Nearmap
• Import OpenStreetMap 3D roads, walks, paths, water and 3D building massing models
• Imagery, roads, paths, water and buildings can be imported directly onto terrain.
• Navigate your model using Google Street View
• Geo-location tool that works with SU2016 and newer